Review: ASP Quick Dip Kit

Good afternoon. This, as you can tell from the title, is a nail product review. Let's get disclaimers out of the way, this product was purchased with my own money from my local Sally Beauty Supply Store.

Ok, so I went into Sally last night with the intention of purchasing more acrylic juice so I could repair a few nails. However, this quick dip kit caught my eye. So standing in Sally I hurried up and pulled up Youtube and was shocked by how many vids were up on this product. So I threw caution to the wind and purchased it. So here are my thoughts and opinion. 

The kit comes with glue, acrylic powder, brush on glue, nail tips, file and a cure spray to set everything. 


The instructions were simply enough, although I can be a bit slow so I watched a tutorial on YT. 

What I liked is that there is no overwhelming acrylic smell. So if you are like me whose does their own acrylic sets but have people who would prefer not to smell the acrylic, then this is perfect for you. My husband said he didnt smell a thing. Also, I liked how quick and easy it was. It was easy to apply the powder to both hands, the acrylic came out even, which is a problem I have when doing my right hand.



What I didn't like was, although there wasn't a overwhelming smell in my house, the smell from the brush on glue, for me was pretty strong. Maybe because I was sitting right under it. Also, I used the white tips that came with the kit, I am not crazy about them but I am wearing nail polish so its not a huge deal, just next time I will use my own. Other then that, there wasnt anything I really, really disliked. 

Would I use it again and would I recommend this product? Yes and yes. Even though the smell to me was strong, I will be using this type of application from here on out. Refills at 2 wks will just consist of reapplying the brush on glue to reactivate the spray. And it doesnt bother my household. 

Now as far as recommending this product, yes I would, but only to those who do their OWN nails. I would not recommend this if you are a nail tech with clients, unless you sanitize your nails and every hand going forward. Or unless they purchase their own kit.
The kit wasn't pricey, it costed me $14.99 I think that is before my beauty club card. 

So for all you nail DIY'ers, go get this kit. It is fool proof, even I could do it.

Comments

Popular Posts